Better Business Bureau advises you to keep your guard up when you head out-of-town this summer with these tips:
- Don’t announce your travel plans. Posting on Twitter or Facebook may attract unwanted attention, so be careful about broadcasting your travel plans.
- Make your home a deterrent. Put a temporary hold on your mail, newspaper or parcel delivery during your vacation. Also, keep hedges and bushes around your home trimmed.
- Protect your identity. Leave your laptop computer, important documents and any other personal information locked away in a secret spot in your home while you travel.
- Limit disclosing personal information. Tear up and discard used boarding passes. Keep all your receipts and bills in one, safe place.
- Protect your smartphone. While traveling, make sure you have a password for access, and use an application with a GPS locator to find your phone if it is lost or stolen.
Read more information…
View original post 6 more words